Once You Read THIS You Will Never Throw Away This Part Of The Banana
All of us throw the peel of the banana, but people in some countries, such as India use the nutritional benefits of the banana skin by eating it for decades.
Here what you need to do next time when you going to eat banana. By using a spoon peel the flesh of the yellow banana and use it for some of this useful home made remedies.
1. Acne and wrinkle
Banana is good for overall skin care. The main reason for that is the antioxidants and anti-aging properties it contain. Bananas moisturize and nourish the skin. Rub a banana peel on the skin, especially on irritated and problematic areas. Leave it for around 30 minutes.
2. Avoid skin warts
If you have skin warts, this problem can be solved with a banana peel. Not only it will remove them , but also it will prevent their occurrence in the future.
3. Banana peel for teeth whitening
Rub your teeth with the inner side of a banana peel every day for two weeks. Soon you will notice the positive results.
4. Psoriasis treatment
Unfortunately, this skin disease cant be totally cured with banana peel, but it can soothe the symptoms of psoriasis.
5. Banana peel for losing weight
Banana peel contain potassium. Actually over 40% of potassium is concentrated in the banana peel.
From this powerful mineral there are many advantages for our health. It boosts metabolism, so you burn more calories and muscles have more energy. On the other hand antioxidants, fiber, B-vitamins, vitamin A are present in the banana peel. It’s an interesting fact that the peel of the banana contains more Fiber then the banana itself. In the connotation with losing weight, the fiber makes you feel full for much longer time.
Follow the instruction for the recipe below and and witness eight-loss benefits of a simple banana peel.
Bananas Skins with Black-Eyed Peas
4 green banana peels
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons coconut oil
½ c black-eyed peas (if using fresh, soak overnight)
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
2 tablespoons unsweetened grated coconut
Juice of one lime
1. First cut the peels into small pieces, boil them together with the turmeric and put just a dash of salt. To prevent sap from sticking to your pot, add a few drops of oil to the water. Once the water starts to boil, let it simmer until skins are tender. Drain, reserving water for a later use (we like to use it to cook rice or as a base for soup).
2. In case if you are using black-eyed peas, let the mix boil until tender. If using canned, rinse and drain beans.
3. Heat coconut oil in skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and cook until they begin to pop.
Finally put the boiled peels and the black-eyed peas, stir it well, and cook it for around 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the coconut. You can add salt, just for taste and squeeze the lime juice on the top.
6. Banana peel as an analgetic
Green or yellow banana peel?
The ripe bananas contain more cancer fighting characteristics, they can help the body create more white blood cells.
In case of loosing weight it’s best to use green peels and the reason for that is because they contain more probiotics, they are known to help the digestive system. Also, it has been shown that green peels increase the levels of serotonin and dopamine.