9 Reasons Why You Should Eat Fish More Often
Nutritionists recommend eating fish more often and often emphasize how healthy is, but despite that it seems that the fish is not on the menu in many families.
Highlighted 9 reasons you should eat fish:
- Fish has great nutritional value; it is recommended for all ages and is equally useful for healthy and sick individuals. A wide variety of fish species sets different conditions of how you going to prepare the fish.
- The fish has a low calorific value compared to other meats. Calorific value ranges from 70-200 calories per 100 grams, it is ideal as nourishment for those who have problems with excess weight.
- The proteins in fish contain all the essential amino acids necessary for growth and development and proper functioning of the human organism in general.
- There is type of fatty acid which can be found in blue fish, this fatty acid protects the heart and arteries. Unlike other kinds of meat, fish contains polyunsaturated fatty acids such as omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acid. Fish consumption increases good cholesterol and reduces bad cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Various nutrients found in fish can help in the protection of the joints and bones. Eating small fish with bones is a good source of calcium.
- The fish is rich with all nutrients that affect the process of growth and development such as protein, omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, zinc, iodine, vitamin A, B, D and E group.
- Fish is easy to digest. This is due to its structure of fibers and a small amount of collagen. As such the fish represent ideal supplements for patients of gastritis, ulcerative colitis, and dyspepsia or gastro esophageal reflux.
- Studies have shown that at least once a week consumption of fish helps to preserve the gray matter in the brain, responsible for memory and cognitive processes, which reduces the chance of getting Alzheimer’s disease.
- Frequent consumption of fish undoubtedly prolongs life and improves its quality.