5 Ways To Shrink Belly Fat (4 Of Those Do Not Include Exercise!)
You are probably not aware of this, but fructose largely affects your weight loss goals. It hides in many processed foods and drinks, so avoiding it is almost impossible, unless you decide to make some changes in your dietary habits. What should you do? It is simple.
Avoid any processed foods and focus on whole organic foods, preferably grown by a local farmer; cook at home, and that will sure ease your weight loss process and also improve your health.
In an article for the Forbes Magazine, Jennifer Cohen explained that you shoud focus on some useful strategies that burn up cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone that depletes lean muscle and holds on to belly fat.
You can greatly support this process by reducing the stress in your everyday life, because stress is known to increase cortisol levels. Cohen also suggested many other strategies that reduce the cortisol level, and we have covered some of them:
Key Strategy For Reducing Belly Fat
Jeniffer Cohen brought up some really good aspects. Sufficient sleep is one of the top priorities. It not only helps you to regulate cortisol levels, it also optimizes your circadian clock, which has a great impact on your metabolism and weight. A group of researchers from the University of Chicago found that respondents who slept for 8.5 hours lost about 55% more fat within two weeks than those who slept for 5.5 hours.
You will all agree on this: Diet is the master key. When followed by proper exercising programme, it can easily get you the body line you dream of.
Moreover, diet determines about 80% of your ability to reduce the fatty deposits, and the other 20 percent are determined by your healthy lifestyle habits, such as proper sleeping and stress reduction, and exercising. This means that even if you exercise regularly, the chances of getting a nice, and flat abs are quite slim if you still prefer eating sugar-loaded and processed junk food.
Defining your abs is almost impossible unless you reduce the body fat, and poor dietary habits make your body hold on to excess fat, despite all your physical effort. In her article, Cohen mentioned two dietary factors, which she claims to be the most important:
- Reduce or eliminate the sugar from your diet. This means you should avoid all forms of sugar and fructose, including both refined and “all-natural” forms, such as agave and honey, and also all grains, even the organic ones, because these easily break down to sugar.
- Increase the healthy fat in your diet, including healthy saturated fat and animal-based omega-3 fatty acids
For more detailed healthy suggestions, check this optimized Nutrition plan. It is a comprehensive, step-by-step guide that will help you improve your health and change your lifestyle habits, and make a healthier choices when it comes to your daily menu. Check the following chart:
Primary Dietary Offenders
Obesity is one of the top health problems in the world. It is widespread and out of control, which worries the health experts. Fructose, commonly contained in processed foods and drinks in the form of corn suryp is the primary cause of obesity. Check the top dietary offenders in this category:
This may come as a surprise to you, but many of the foods you consider to be healthy actually worsen your problem. These foods are part of the so-called “healthy” food list, but actually they are loaded with sugars and fructose:
Best Exercise for Fat-Busting
Now that we have addressed the diet issue, doing exercise is going to help you stimulate fat loss even more. What you need to do is find the right exercise types.
The basis of my Peak Fitness routine are high-intensity interval exercises. This type of exercise positively affects the increasing muscle mass and improves the quality of muscle fiber.
Exercises Which Target the Abs
If you want to train the core muscles efficiently, you need to incorporate a number of traditional, functional and stabilization exercises like:
- Traditional exercise like the standard crunch
- Stabilizing exercises like lying on the floor
- Functional exercise like working on a stability ball
- Extension exercises like lying on the stomach while your arms are stretched over your head. Next, raising the legs and arms off the ground simultaneously.
You need to keep in mind that proper diet is the first step to getting rock-hard abs, the second one is a comprehensive fitness program and exercises that are going to help you achieve your goal.
Experts found the combination of these exercises to be amazingly efficient:
- Traditional exercises, including floor crunch with rotations. Second option — standing rotation accompanied with a light hand weight.
- Functional exercises, such as working on a stability ball.
- Stabilizing exercises — Lay on the floor and pull your stomach back toward your spine. Hold that position while breathing deeply.